The GIPA Act requires all government agencies (including local councils) to record and publish certain information about some contracts with private sector bodies.
Contracts that will be included in the government contracts register are those which are:
- between an agency and a private sector contractor
- signed after 1 January 2007 or, for local councils and state-owned corporations, after the commencement of the GIPA Act
- for a value of $150,000 or more, and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project such as
- construction, infrastructure or property development
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services/eTenders
- the transfer or lease of real property.
Details of all contracts entered into with the Authority, including those $150,000 and under, can be found on the NSW eTendering.