Sydney Olympic Park is undergoing enhancements works of the Wilson Park Foreshore Amenities.
- Minor alterations within the Wilson Park Amenities Building to allow for a future tenant to occupy the space
- Installation of a lightweight wall to the exterior of the building
- Provision of outdoor seating and umbrellas
What to expect
- Disruption to usual access – the river walk path width will be reduced during the construction period due to site fencing around the Amenities Building
- Noise – there will be some noise during weekdays due to construction works.
- There will be no access to the toilets in the building during the construction works. 2 no. temporary toilets are being provided opposite the Amenities Building – one of these will be accessible. Both are unisex.
- In addition, public toilets are available at Blaxland Riverside Park – approximately 500m from the Amenities Building.
- The water bubbler currently located at the front of the building will not be available for use during the construction works. The toilets have a basin and potable water in them.
Traffic control and access throughout the period of the works
- Entry to adjacent properties will be maintained at all times.
- Temporary traffic control will be in place at all times to allow for deliveries and to ensure safe movement around the work area.
- Signage will be installed to notify people that the river walk path width has been reduced.
Hours of work
Works will commence on Tuesday 12 April 2022 and are expected to be completed by late June 2022. Work on the site will only be carried out on weekdays, however, restrictions to the path and toilets will remain in pace during the entire construction period.
Impact on Stakeholders
- Minimal impact to nearby residents and users of the Park. There will be some construction noise during the works.
- The public toilets at each end of the building will be unavailable for public use during the construction period. Temporary toilets will be provided.
Changes due to wet weather and precinct operational requirements
The above program is subject to disruption or changes due to wet weather, precinct operational requirements and unforeseen site conditions which will be the subject of further notifications as required.
To receive electronic notifications please register for Sydney Olympic Park Community Notices