NSW Caretaker Period has commenced - The caretaker period for the NSW Election commenced on 1 March 2019. Accordingly, no ministerial press releases or related information issued by the Government from 1 March 2019 will be available on this website. For copies of recently-issued ministerial press releases or information on the election policies of any political party, please go to the website of the relevant political party.
Preparing a site for construction - Photo by Pablo Busato

Developing our Park

Our relevant planning and building guidelines, policies and application forms, boundary maps of the town centre and the parklands are available in the Resource Centre.

This information will help you with designing a development, preparing and lodging a development application, building certification requirements and work related approvals.

Under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act (1979), almost all development projects will require a planning consent to be obtained through a Consent Authority.

Depending on the type of development being proposed you can lodge your Development Application either through the NSW Department of Planning or us, Sydney Olympic Park Authority.

In addition to planning related consents, other approvals or a commercial agreements (eg licence/lease) may be required. Such approvals/agreements include development in the parklands, development or use of land owned by us and development affecting our operations.

Upon practical completion, developers may be required to provide us with a full set of 'work as executed' documents, for our records. These requirements will be outlined in determination conditions or as part of a lease.

Public exhibitions are an opportunity for the public to comment and provide feedback on developments and activities at Sydney Olympic Park.

Find out more