New naming rights sponsor for Allphones Arena
24 Aug 2011
Australia’s leading entertainment venue, Acer Arena, will be renamed to Allphones Arena from September 2011.
The five-year naming rights agreement comes as a result of a cross-platform agreement between Nine Entertainment Co. and Allphones.
CEO of Nine Entertainment Co., Mr Gyngell, said: “Understandably, the naming rights for the world’s number two entertainment venue has attracted interest from many high-profile parties. We decided to partner with Allphones as they were best able to demonstrate how their brand and the Arena could interconnect to enhance the overall experience for the clients of Allphones and the one million-plus patrons who visit the Arena every year.”
Allphones Arena Facts
- Located at Sydney Olympic Park which enjoys 10 million visitors per year
- Ranked #2 in the world behind The O2 in London and ahead of Madison Square Garden (Venues Today – June 2011, revenue turnover)
- Nominated for Best International Venue by US industry bible Billboard magazine in 2010
- Consistently a Top 10 arena globally since 2005
- 85-110 events per year
- Attracts 1 million patrons per year
- Enjoys 2.9 billion impressions in total per annum
- Patrons spend $85,000,000 a year on tickets, merchandise and catering
- Australian Caterer of the Year (2010 Restaurant & Catering National Awards for Excellence)
- Owned by Nine Entertainment Co.
- Managed by AEG Ogden
Further information can be accessed from a press release issued by Nine Entertainment Co.