Sydney Olympic Park Authority’s (the Authority) Information Guide describes:
- Our structure and function
- What type of information do we have?
- What type of information is made available to the public?
- How to access publicly available information?
- Charges to access specific kinds of information
Our structure and function
The Authority was established on 1 July 2001 and is constituted by the Sydney Olympic Park Authority Act 2001 (NSW) with the responsibility to ensure:
- Sydney Olympic Park is an active and vibrant town centre within metropolitan Sydney
- Sydney Olympic is a premium destination for cultural, entertainment, recreational and sporting events
- any new development complies with best practice environmental and town planning standards and
- the natural heritage of the Parklands is protected and enhanced.
More detailed information about the Authority, its structure and functions is available at About Us.
What type of information do we have?
The Authority holds the following types of information:
- policy documents
- internal administration documents
- planning documents
- internal working papers
- promotional collateral
- research papers
- environmental reports
- news on Sydney Olympic Park and Park developments.
What type of information is made available to the public?
The Authority has published a large volume of information from environmental reports, annual reports, research papers, planning documents to promotional material on the website.
How to access publicly available information?
Publicly available information is published on the website and is available under Publications in our Resource Centre and information released as a result of formal GIPA Applications is available under the Authority's Disclosure Listing.
Additional information of Access Application fees and charges is available on the Office of the Information Commissioner.
While the Authority reserves the right to require a formal access application, an attempt to release information in response to an informal request will be made. Visit Accessing Information to make a request for information.
Charges to access specific kinds of information
Some publications may only be available upon payment of a fee. The Authority will advise you of any fees prior to commencement of work.
Visit Accessing Information to make a request and for processing charges.