Sydney Olympic Park Authority Web Privacy Statement
Last Updated: November 2015
Sydney Olympic Park Authority (the Authority) - refers to:
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority
- the following Sydney Olympic Park Authority Venues:
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Archery Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Hockey Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls and
- Monster Skatepark
- Sydney Olympic Park Visitor Centre
The Authority Websites - refers to websites of the Authority, as defined above under Sydney Olympic Park Authority (the Authority) (www.sopa.nsw.gov.au), and the Sydney Olympic Park Destinations Website (www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au).
Customer - any person who visits a website of the Authority or who contacts the Authority through email, mail, fax, telephone or in person.
Registered User - a person who has registered to receive information from the Authority.
Who We Are
The Authority is a NSW Government agency committed to the protection of customer’s privacy and personal information. When you access the Authority Websites, your privacy is protected under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Personal information may only be disclosed in accordance with the exemptions provided under the Act.Any information you provide about yourself to the Authority will only be used in accordance withourPrivacy Management Plan
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect information from our users through:
- Authority websites
- Bookings or enquiries for Monster Skatepark activities and events
- Participating in on-line surveys via the Authority Websites
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre Health Club Membership
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre Swim School Enrolments
- Making a booking or enquiry for Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre venue hire, programs and activities
- Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre General Training Register
- Making a booking or enquiry for Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre venue hire, programs and activities
- Making a booking or enquiry for Sydney Olympic Park Archery Centre venue hire, programs and activities
- Making a booking or enquiry for Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre venue hire, casual court hire, programs and activities
- Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls Badminton Online Bookings
- Making a booking or enquiry for Sydney Olympic Park Sports Hall casual court hire, venue hire, programs and activities
- Making a booking or enquiry for Sydney Olympic Park Hockey Centre venue hire, programs and activities
- Competitions, lucky door prizes, special offers entry forms
- Enrolment forms for booking Sydney Olympic Park Authority programs and services
- All communications with the Authority including emails, hard copy mail, fax, telephone, Feedback forms and/or in person at our Visitor Centre or an office of the Authority
- Registration forms for newsletters of the Authority including for What's On? Updates and Business Events News
- Visitation to the Authority Websites.
- Website hits
- Monster Web Camera (Webcam)
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and
- web forms for customer feedback, contact us, promotional registrations, community alerts and What’s On?, etc
- We collect a range of personal information via:
We may ask additional questions for different purposes, such as competitions, feedback or opinions so we can gain a clearer understanding of our customers.
Website Usage Information
When you access the Authority websites the web server logs anonymous information for standard statistical analysis, such as the:
- IP address of the computer which accesses the website
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you viewed
- Type of browser you are using and
- Operating system used to access the site.
The statistics package collates the data into information and graphs for use in understanding the usage patterns of visitors to the Authority websites. The statistics package does not identify any individual user.
Web Camera (Webcam)
One web camera is mounted at the skate ramp at Monster Skatepark. This camera streams live footage to the Monster website. The footage is not recorded or used for promotional purposes.
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
The Authority has CCTV cameras in public areas, including inside venues and car parking facilities, for public safety and security monitoring.
Member Photo Storage
Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre Health Club stores member photos to help prevent fraud. If the Aquatic Centre issues you with a membership card, your image will be stored. The photo storage system will help stop someone else using your membership card and membership benefits. Stored images can only be accessed by staff authorised to administer membership services at the Aquatic Centre. Your image will not be provided to any external agencies unless required by law.
For the purpose of confirming your identity and membership status your image will also appear on the point of sale computer screens when you enter the Aquatic Centre.
Information submitted when engaging in an online transaction with the Authority pass through a registered secure server. This server makes use of all available protective processes for the security of e-commerce information. However, the Authority does not accept any responsibility for security breaches that are beyond the Authority’s control.
Why We Collect Your Information and What We Do With It
Information provided to the Authority is treated with the utmost respect for your privacy.
We collect your information to assist in providing you with services you have requested and in improving the services provided by the Authority. Personal information collected will be used for administrative purposes related to a program, facility or service or for communicating information to you regarding facilities, programs, services or promotions that are deemed appropriate to your interests and needs, or which may enhance your use of Sydney Olympic Park and its facilities.
We may do the following with the information you have submitted:
- Mail or email you occasionally with personalised information or updates relating to your membership or subscription.
- Contact you by email, mail or telephone (if you have provided these details) for the purpose of providing you a service you have requested, to inform you if you have won a competition or are eligible for a special offer, or to allow us to update your personal information.
- From time to time we may run competitions or request material we may publish. To participate, you may need to supply the Authority with some personal information which you agree to have available to the public as part of the competition. The competition rules vary from case to case and will be noted clearly in the relevant Terms and Conditions for each case. Your participation is voluntary and knowing.
The Authority will never share your personal information or captured image with a third party or any other organisation without your explicit permission/ consent, with the following exceptions:
- Where the information relates to more than one venue of the Authority, we may pass the relevant information to that venue
- Where required by law
- If the Authority believes it appropriate to provide you with a service you have requested
- To protect the rights or property of the Authority, any user or any member of the public and/or
- To lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
At times we may share anonymous information with our advertisers, sponsors and partners. Whilst your individual information is protected as outlined above, we may use aggregated, anonymous data about our customers for statistical purposes. For example, we might report to our partners that a certain percentage of our customers are interested in certain events and activities, based on information requests. This is done to attract better and improved services for our customers from our advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information Collected From Children
Parental consent is required when personal information is obtained from or submitted by from persons under 18 years of age, (eg Kids in the Park colouring in competitions).
There are situations, such as online registrations, competitions and feedback forms, where children may provide information. The Authority understands the importance of protecting the safety and privacy of children and will deal with all information received as outlined above. However, the Authority encourages parents / carers to monitor their child's online experience and when providing information.
Enquiries relating to privacy can be directed to:
Phone: (02) 9714 7812
Fax: (02) 9714 7818