Urban Design Vision
Sydney Olympic Park Authority (the Authority) actively promotes high quality design in the future development of Sydney Olympic Park.
Building on the environmental standards that were achieved for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, the Authority envisages a diverse town centre that seamlessly integrates exemplary residential, commercial, retail and educational development with the existing venues and landscapes. These are to be supported by new streets, community facilities, public spaces and parklands.
As a minimum, these developments are expected to meet best practice standards for environmental performance and to contribute to Sydney Olympic Park’s unique sense of place. To achieve these standards:
- An external Design Review Panel, comprising eminent specialists in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture and sustainable development, advises the Authority on much of the new development at Sydney Olympic Park.
- For development on certain prominent sites, such as those along Olympic Boulevard, or where towers are permitted, building design is procured through a competitive design process.
- Plans, design policies and guidelines have been developed to assist designers and architects when designing for development at Sydney Olympic Park. These policies and guidelines are intended to assist designers in achieving uniform and coherent development, consistent with the overall vision for Sydney Olympic Park. Plans, policies and guidelines include:
- Sydney Olympic Park Master Plan 2030
- Urban Elements Design Manual (UEDM)
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Advertising and Building identification Signage
- Commercial Outdoor Seating
- Environmental Sustainable Development
- Temporary Structures, and
- Major Event Impacts
For more information please contact the Design Unit on 02 9714 7934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org