Sydney Olympic Park is a unique and world class Olympic legacy that has been developed into Australia’s ‘home of sport’ - a precinct founded, developed, and inspired by sport, its ideals, character and the Australian sporting spirit.
We are the first Olympic and Paralympic Games precinct to have successfully built on the established legacy of world-class venues, infrastructure and central location, to become one of the most significant and integrated sporting precincts in the world.
The Park is a place for people to engage in sport in a variety of ways. From elite competition, training and development centres, grassroots community participation activities or an administrative centre, Sydney Olympic Park provides opportunities for sports at all levels.
Not only a place to play or watch sport but a place that allows sport to manage business, present courses, train coaches, referees and future administrators, set its future direction and work with like-minded organisations such as the sports medicine fraternity and world renowned institutes and academies.
Sydney Olympic Park is Australia's premier sports hub, attracting the entire range of sports affiliated services, businesses and partners.
Our sport objective is to:
- build on Sydney Olympic Park’s position as Australia’s premier sports precinct and to create a totally integrated sports model.
This integrated sports industry model is unique both in the world of sport and Olympic precincts by giving equal emphasis to 3 levels of sport:
- elite sports (international, national, state)
- developmental sports (youth, junior representative)
- community sports (recreational, mass participation programs).
To achieve this, the Authority relies on strategic partnerships with a range of sports organisations to deliver sustainable sport for both elite and the community levels. The Authority provides assistance to sport associations and sport industry organisations to engage with Sydney Olympic Park and its venues.
We have created 3 major programs that can assist sports by bringing their events and programs to Sydney Olympic Park including:
- Kids in the Park offering more than 50 school holiday activities including sporting, entertainment, arts and recreation fun for kids of all ages.
- What’s On? keeps you up-to-date on all of the events and things to do at the Park , whether you like something sporty, leisurely, artistic or perhaps activities suitable for the kids, Sydney Olympic Park is always the place to be!
- Lifestyle an exclusive member benefits program designed to enhance the lives of employees and residents of the Sydney Olympic Park area. Members receive discounted, priority and convenient access to a diverse range of facilities, services and events located in and around the Park.