Arts & Culture
Sydney Olympic Park is fast becoming the focal point of a new and exciting style of artistic expression for Sydney, and a place where established and emerging artists and communities work together, generating a lively and vibrant character to delight, engage and involve visitors, workers and residents.
Arts and culture plays a key role in the development of the Park. As well as adding to the experience of visitors, the program enhances the Park's reputation as a place with a unique creative spirit. The town taking shape at Sydney Olympic Park will continue to have a strong arts and cultural dimension, and offer opportunities for visitors and residents to explore their own creativity while also enjoying the work of professional artists and performers.
Programs currently on offer include:
- major international and local acts performing at Allphones Arena and other venues
- a year-round exhibition program at the Armory Gallery including ARTEXPRESS and major contemporary art exhibitions
- Australia’s largest site-specific permanent public art collection in a single precinct
- temporary public art ‘interventions’ that respond to and enhance the Park’s public domain
- artist-in-residence and studio hire opportunities for emerging and established artists
- Spring and Autumn Armory Wharf riverside concert series
- a free outdoor Summer movie program in Cathy Freeman Park
- a suite of significant community cultural events and festivals, and
- a range of public participation arts programs including children’s theatre, flamenco dancing, printmaking, creative writing, drumming and digital filmmaking.
Find out about the exciting arts and culture events at the Park.